Focused On Results In Mississippi Car Accident Cases
After a car accident, you can’t afford to take the word of the insurance companies about what you deserve. Only an experienced car accident attorney will explain your legal options. If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a car wreck, you need to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights. Contact Germany Law Firm PLLC to schedule a free consultation to discuss what happened to you.
Every year, tens of thousands of people die in car accidents in the U.S. Millions more are injured in auto accidents caused by negligence. Motor vehicle accidents are so common, you might think that they are all handled the same way. This isn’t the case.
Two accidents that are very similar on paper can lead to completely different outcomes for the people involved. Your case is not a data point on some insurance company chart. Your injuries, and the way those injuries impact your life, are unique to you. Your car accident may have permanently altered your life, leaving you with injuries that limit your ability to work or participate in the activities you once enjoyed. With an experienced and dedicated lawyer on your side, you can take steps to make sure the insurance companies acknowledge what you’ve lost and compensate you for it.
Negligence And Automobile Accidents
You may be entitled to compensation if you have sustained injuries in a Mississippi car accident that was caused by another driver’s carelessness, recklessness or negligent actions. Negligence is not easy to spot from the perspective of a car accident victim. When another car hits you, you don’t know if they were on their phone, driving too fast, falling asleep, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Figuring out what led up to your crash is an important part of pursuing justice on your behalf. Contact Germany Law Firm PLLC today to discuss your accident and find out if you have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit for the injuries you sustained in your accident.
In some cases, an accident can involve more than one negligent party. Two or more people, companies or other legal entities could have contributed to the crash. Attorney Bob Germany has more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. He knows how to hold all liable parties accountable for their part in the accident. He will work directly with insurance companies with the goal of ensuring that you receive a full and fair settlement. If a proper settlement isn’t offered, he has extensive trial experience and is not afraid to go to court to fight for you.
Never Talk To the Other Driver’s Insurance Company
Being involved in a car crash, no matter what the circumstances, is a traumatizing event. Whether you were involved in a minor collision that only caused damage to your property or a more severe wreck that caused injuries, the experience can be harrowing.
It would be best if you never spoke with or gave a recorded statement to the insurance representative of the other driver’s insurance company. These people are trained to make you feel comfortable. They want you to open up and talk to them so that they can use your own words against you later on.
Most car insurance companies have earned a reputation for denying car accident injury claims or making lowball settlement offers to injured victims. They provide these nominal settlements hoping that they will appease the victim for the short term and make them go away. They don’t share with the injured party that they may require years of additional treatment and therapy to recover from their injuries. Over time, that small amount of money will not even begin to cover your expenses.
What To Do After A Car Accident?
When you are involved in a car accident, there are various things that you should do to try to ensure that you can protect your health and well-being. These include:
- Stop the vehicle: After a car wreck, you will want to stop the vehicle. It is common for accident victims to panic after their accidents and exit their cars before putting them in park. You must move your vehicle to a safe location and turn it off.
- Call for medical assistance: Calling 911 is a vital step after being involved in a car accident. Dial 911 and remain calm; request police and medical aid at the scene. You should undergo a thorough medical examination even if you do not see any injuries.
- Look for signs of intoxication: If you suspect that the other driver may be under the influence, you must look for signs of impairment. This can include slurred speech, bloodshot eyes or even incriminating smells.
- Do not ever admit fault: Law enforcement will determine who is at fault for the accident. You should never automatically take the blame for an accident or let the other driver blame you for the car wreck.
- Exchange information with the other driver: You will need to exchange your contact information, name and insurance company information with the other driver involved in the accident. This will significantly speed up your insurance claim process.
- Track all your injuries: Even if an injury seems minor, you must note it and have it checked out by a doctor. You will want to have this information for an injury claim.
- Take pictures: If you can do so, take photos of all your injuries. Take photographs of the vehicles involved in the accident and the damages. Pictures showing the road conditions, location and time of day can also be helpful.
- Get a copy of the police report: You will want to obtain a copy of the report written by the police officer who responded to your case. This information is essential when it comes to pursuing a compensation claim.
- Save everything: You will want to save copies of your medical reports, medical records, bills showing your medical expenses and all other relative information.
Finally, you will want to reach out to a skilled Mississippi car accident lawyer right away. Germany Law Firm PLLC is here to take your call and get started on your case right away. Mr. Germany has assisted numerous individuals who’ve sustained injuries in accidents caused by the careless, reckless and negligent actions of others. He has a long track record of securing large settlements and jury verdicts that help personal injury victims move forward and recover.
Most Common Injuries Sustained In Motor Vehicle Accidents
Car accidents can cause serious injuries that vary greatly depending on the severity of the crash. The size of the vehicles involved, the speed at which the cars were traveling and whether victims were properly restrained when the accident occurred can affect the types of injuries victims sustain as well. The most common injuries that are reported in Mississippi car accidents are as follows:
- Lacerations and abrasions: Many people involved in accidents are left with severe cuts and abrasions. These injuries can sometimes result in nerve and muscle damage or permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Suffering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can completely change your life. These injuries can result in severe balance issues, memory loss, mood instability, motor function impairments and other consequences.
- Internal organ injuries: Internal organ injuries are common in serious car accidents. Unfortunately, these painful injuries can be life-threatening. In addition to seeing a significant number of injured parties suffer from cardiac arrests at the scene, other internal injuries, like internal bleeding, collapsed lungs, punctured kidneys and spleen ruptures can occur in vehicle collisions.
- Back injuries: People who suffer from severe back injuries often struggle to perform various tasks. Many victims frequently suffer from herniated disks, fractured vertebrae, and severe sprains and strains.
- Broken bones: Suffering a broken bone can be incredibly painful. Sometimes, victims must undergo surgery and have metal bars implanted to secure the bones back in place.
- Chest injuries: These injuries can be excruciating and affect a person’s ability to breathe. As unfortunate as they are, they are one of the more common injuries that victims sustain in severe car accidents.
- Head injuries: Suffering blows to the head can be incredibly painful. Concussions and other severe head injuries can result in vision problems and confusion, affecting a person’s ability to concentrate.
- Spinal cord injuries: There are two types of spinal cord injuries that affect the lives of car accident victims. These include:
- Complete spinal cord injuries: These injuries result from a complete severance of the spinal cord. This prevents any brain signals from traveling below the point of impact.
- Incomplete spinal cord injuries: An incomplete spinal cord injury can be debilitating. With these injuries, brain functions can still pass to the area below the point of impact. However, the signals are disrupted. People with this type of injury can experience temporary paralysis.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): In addition to physical injuries, victims often suffer mentally in the aftermath of a car wreck. Many people are left feeling helpless, hopeless and depressed. PTSD is another common car accident injury.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a Mississippi car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, contact Germany Law Firm PLLC today to speak with an experienced lawyer.
Compensation After An Accident In Mississippi
After a motor vehicle accident, many people suffer from mental and physical consequences. Painful injuries often result in significant financial suffering as well.
The costs related to a car accident add up quickly. They can include:
- Immediate medical costs, such as hospitalization
- Future medical costs because of long-term injuries and pain
- Damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages because of your injury or lack of transportation
- Pain and suffering brought on by the crash
- Punitive damages because of the other driver’s negligence
If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you deserve to have the representation of an experienced attorney. Germany Law Firm PLLC has been fighting for the rights of car accident victims in Mississippi since 1981. Call 601-812-5524 today to schedule a free consultation.
Having to take time off work to recover from injuries can lead to compounding household bills and other added stress that car accident victims don’t deserve to go through alone. While you focus on the road to recovery, Germany Law Firm PLLC will focus on collecting the evidence necessary to solidify your personal injury claim.
What A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do For You
Sustaining injuries in a severe vehicle accident can leave you feeling helpless. The line between quality medical care, secure employment and financial security is thin. You are unlikely to receive a full and fair settlement offer for what you’ve lost from your accident if you pursue a legal claim on your own.
You should retain the services of a lawyer who will thoroughly investigate the collision and determine the actual cost of the crash. At Germany Law Firm PLLC, you get the benefit of an attorney committed to the relentless pursuit of justice.
You have the right to expect your attorney to provide all of the following:
- An independent investigation into the crash
- An appraisal of the full cost of the injury to you and your loved ones
- Aggressive settlement negotiations
- Full preparation to take the case to trial, if the negotiations do not yield a fair offer
- Representation in trial, if necessary
- Clear, regular communication with you throughout the process
Attorney Bob Germany, one of the most experienced lawyers in Mississippi, has represented individuals and small businesses for decades. His process for dealing with insurance companies following a car accident is aggressive and has led to numerous successful outcomes.
Proving Liability After A Car Accident
After being injured in a car wreck, you can pursue a personal injury case against the responsible party. To prevail in your lawsuit, you must prove that the defendant is the liable party.
This includes demonstrating the following:
- Duty of care: Every driver in Mississippi has a duty of care. Drivers must keep other motorists sharing the road out of harm as much as possible. To do so, drivers must follow laws, avoid acting recklessly and operate with the safety of other drivers in mind.
- Breach: The driver engaged in a reckless or careless action that breached the duty of care. Some possible violations include driver error, speeding, drunk driving and speeding.
- Causation: The negligent action that the defendant engaged in was the cause of your crash. This can be difficult to prove due to the complexity of motor vehicle accidents. For this reason, you must seek guidance from a car accident lawyer as soon as possible to help prove that causation existed.
- Damages: You will need to prove your damages to recover compensation for them. You can bring all factors of your accident together to prove that you suffered severe injuries, financial losses and mental turmoil.
Although this may seem like a simple task, insurance companies will do whatever they can to blame you for the crash. Rather than trying to handle insurance companies on your own, you can benefit significantly by seeking representation from a Mississippi car wreck attorney immediately.
How Long Do I Have To File An Injury Claim?
After being involved in a car accident, you will have to file a personal injury claim against the negligent driver within a specific time frame. According to Mississippi Code Section 15-1-49, victims have a total of three years from the date of the accident to file a legal action for compensation against the at-fault driver.
Although you have up to three years to file a lawsuit, waiting can prevent you from having the most robust case possible. If you wait to file a legal claim, you risk losing strong evidence. Witnesses could move, evidence can be lost and you will not have all of the necessary elements to prove the elements of negligence.
Instead of waiting, you are encouraged to contact a Mississippi car accident attorney at your earliest convenience.
Contact A Car Accident Injury Attorney Now
You already have enough on your plate after being harmed in a car accident. Having to go through medical treatment, taking time off work, and dealing with physical and emotional pain and suffering can be difficult. The last thing you need is to worry about pursuing the insurance company for compensation.
If you’ve been in a vehicle accident, contact Germany Law Firm PLLC. Bob Germany and his car accident legal team have over 40 years of experience representing injured people like you.